Knowing its history and how it all started is worth it if you are interested in gambling. Slot games have been popular since the 20th century and are a million-dollar industry. The first slot machine was invented in 1891 by a New York based company, Sittman and Pitt, and after that, its popularity increased daily. The first slot game on the internet was introduced to the public in 1996. Intercasino was the first online casino that offered 18 games. After that, many slot games were introduced and gained popularity among players ready to try this new technology.
Brief of slot machines-
- Charles Augustus fey was the official inventor of the first slot machine. Between 1887-1895, it is believed that the first machine was invented, although there is no particular date regarding this. The machine fey developed allows automatic payouts. The highest payout was awarded for the liberty bell.
- Although slot machines were officially banned in 1902, the liberty bell continued to be manufactured. 1902-1908 was the era when the fruit machine commenced because cash prizes couldn’t be distributed. These slot machines were often located in casinos, such as salons and bowling alleys. Today’s BAR symbol was introduced to slot machines in this period.
- For many years, slot machines were mechanical, but later, in 1964, the first fully electrochemical slot called Money Honey was released by Bally. It was purely controlled electrically. The game was primarily popular among people and electromechanical slots dominated.
- In 1976, the first video slot was developed. The game used a 19-inch Sony TV display. With the help of cheating, this game got approval and became hugely popular on Las Vegas Strip. From 1996 onwards, video slots have been introduced that feature a second-screen bonus round. During this time, slots became increasingly popular at casinos.
Evolution of online slots-
- The Mid 90s introduced the world to online casinos like ligaciputra, which boomed the internet. In 1994, Antigua and Barbuda passed the free trade and processing activities, which offered companies a license to operate online gambling businesses. At the start, only classic casino games were introduced. However, compared to offline casinos, online slots like ligaciputra went popular very quickly. The beginning was the same as land-based casinos regarding symbols and reels. But there were differences, too, as online slots removed restrictions of going somewhere to play. The first online jackpot slot was Cash Splash from Micro gaming, which provided average payouts. But after that, more companies came, and all worked hard to transfer the casino and web-based format.
- These games took a while before people could trust them. But the development of mobile devices led people to try it, and now it’s one of the most popular online platforms.
So we have come a long way from the slot machines invented in the 1890s. In the future, new technologies may also develop which may give this industry more fame and attract more people. After reading the history of slot games and machines, you may also have developed some interest in playing them.